You just never know what you'll find here at Ariemoon Designs & Enchanted Arts because I'm always busy crafting a variety of spellbinding knick-knackery!

Here you'll not only find photos of new work like one of a kind, handcrafted jewelry, fiber arts, meditation tools, shrines, wands, Totems, and my specialty Faeries and Goddesses, but hopefully friendship, inspiration and a healthy dose of enchantment!

I love to create ceremonial medicine tools for the Healer...evocative adornments for the Priestess...and an array of fine accoutrements for the Mystically Minded Community.

Thank you for being here and I hope you enjoy the Magick!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Spirit Doll Musings...or How to Carry and Idea



I was poking around in the back of my mind today and found this thought tucked away, under some old quilts. I heard it rustling around when I was looking for something to carry an idea of why Spirit Dolls emit such an enchanting allure. I was expecting to find a nice basket or old birdcage, but it seems thoughts are a much better way to cart ideas around (they tend to fall out of birdcages- slip between the bars). Anyway...

I realized that through our open hearts, attuned minds and a surrendering to the process of creation the Spirit Doll becomes a sacred object through which we can bridge the very forces of magick...

...and magick, according to Orion Foxwood, Faery Seer extraordinaire “is perhaps the deepest source and expression of wisdom for it is creativity and knowledge applied.”....


This is a Spirit Doll I created preparing for our Serpent Mound retreat next weekend in Southern Ohi where I'll be faciliating a Spirit Doll workshop. He's made from simple organic air dry clay and I rather like him. He's definitely got a sense of humor. He chatted with me for quite some time yesterday morning about the nature of clay, and the Faerie realm and our Star Lineage. He tells me there's more where he came from, and I'm certain he's right and more than a few of his brethern (sister-en?) will emerge during our retreat. He's a bit hush-hush about his name though, so I've decided to call him Klatuu for now and he seems to be okay with that, perhaps even oddly amused. I may have to keep my eye on him...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love & Magick,